First, an update: Our subscription drive to launch Embodied Magazine kicked off fittingly on Friday, October 22, the feast day of St. John Paul II who gifted the world with the Theology of the Body. We are running social media ads and slowly gaining attention. But we need everyone interested in Embodied to FOLLOW us on Facebook and Instagram. Why? Because until the Facebook gurus see that you have people interested in your page, they won’t start showing your ads to others who might be interested — yes, even though you are paying for those ads!
Thank you to everyone who is subscribing or donating! Every single gift is a blessing to this project.
Premiere issue in full production
The subscription drive is not the only thing keeping us busy at Embodied Magazine — we are also happily into production of our first issue, Winter 2022. We can’t wait for you to read these features:
- Emily Stimpson Chapman has transformed from a Theology of the Body advocate to an Instagram influencer! Catch up with the beloved Pittsburgh writer on how her life has changed since the release of “These Beautiful Bones” just 8 years ago. (Spoiler alert: It includes a husband and three kids!)
- Ruah Woods has taken its mission to teach Theology of the Body to the youngest Catholics. Its innovative curriculum is changing lives, sparking conversation and conversion when the children report back to their parents on St. John Paul II’s loving vision for families. Bonus: Learn about other valuable TOB resources for parents!
- What do you get when a farmer, a theologian and an entrepreneur start a podcast? Rome Boys! These three devout Catholic men are taking YouTube by storm, proving that you can be equal parts hilarious and pious.
- Our culture of distraction has reached an all-time high. How can we turn off the noise? What does the Theology of the Body tell us about guarding our minds? This feature is packed with true-life stories and practical tips.
- “For better or worse.” Natalie and Thom Peters were fresh from their wedding when he was in a nearly fatal accident that left him a quadriplegic. The newlyweds held on tight to discover a new normal together, leaning on their Catholic faith. Natalie, a philosophy major, dusted off her Theology of the Body materials to glean some guiding wisdom.
In addition to our features line-up we will have regular columns in each issue:
- The Whole Story — Interesting and down-to-earth introductions to basic TOB themes.
- Vocation Corner — An exploration of vocation through individual stories in a broad sense: married, religious, priestly, call to single lay life.
- TOB Parent Corner — Ideas for introducing and reinforcing TOB principles in the home.
- Original Beauty — Examining a piece, subject, or theme of art to illustrate timeless TOB messages
So what are you waiting for?? Go grab your own subscription — and maybe a few gift subscriptions! — TODAY.